Liz’s career teacher told her she should be a librarian. Sadly, she never made it. Instead, Liz is an award-winning marketer with 20 years’ experience at global media companies.
She is now an editor and partner at Tortoise where she runs the ThinkIn programme. She’s also the ‘voice of Tortoise’ in all Tortoise’s member communications. She was Chief Marketing Officer for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (known as the ‘Oscars’ of the advertising industry) and spent three crazy years being sued by C-list celebrities as publisher of heat magazine. She’s also worked for The Times, The Telegraph and ELLE.
Join us as she shares a bit about how she’s managed to blag it for this long, despite failing to get into University twice and repeatedly rebounding off the glass ceiling.
By registering for the event, the student automatically receives complimentary membership to Tortoise (worth £100)!
- Attendance and Tortoise membership is for students aged 16+.
- The ThinkIn will take place on Zoom. There will be 5 members of Tortoise staff moderating the event.
- Students’ cameras will be on, but the students can turn them off. Students cannot unmute themselves. Staff can mute and remove attendees off the live event should they cause disruption.
Virtual Talks: What? When? How?
We are very pleased to announce next week’s Virtual Talks programme. Young people in secondary schools will be able to hear masterclasses and interviews from speakers from across: business, arts, academia, media and more. Speakers will be sharing their own stories and expertise on a variety of subjects.
The SFS VTalks programme consists of a timetable of curated content that will be livestreamed as one-way video calls with interactivity through an online Q&A. The VTalks can be viewed by clicking the links in the below schedule.
To view talks online, please be aware:
• We would recommend that students set up for the talk 5 minutes before the start time.
• Internet Explorer should not be used to attend VTalks.
• You can join without needing an account – Watch how here
• Our student guide for VTalks is here
Questions for speakers can be submitted via the below channels:
• Q+A Function during the talk which will be made live for students to submit questions
• Twitter: #SFSvtalk @speakrs4scho