This workshop will showcase the wide cross-section of industries, trades and professions represented by City Livery Companies, giving students unique insight into a broad range of career paths and job opportunities across many disciplines.
Particularly aimed at pupils in Years 8-10, classes will virtually visit three different Livery companies and have the opportunity to ask questions after a short presentation. After booking, classes will be asked their preference of Livery companies from the list below, and where possible will then be placed in breakout rooms in line with their preferences.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF ACTUARIES – What is an Actuary? An introduction to the career that frequently ranks in the top ten of ‘best jobs’ surveys.
- HONOURABLE COMPANY OF AIR PILOTS – Flight
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF BAKERS – Bread, Cakes and Daily Bakes.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF BARBERS – Kings College, London – Becoming a Medical Student.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF COACHMAKERS – A Journey around the Aerospace, Automotive and Coach-Making Industries.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF CORDWAINERS – An insight into being a shoe designer.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF EDUCATORS – Get the Career Bug: Explore with the Educators a fun app which is completely free and helps you think about choices for your future.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF FISHMONGERS – What a load of rubbish! A career in Marine Pollution: Searching for plastic and discuss some of the ways we can help turn the tide on plastic pollution.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF GOLDSMITHS – Jewellery Making: Find out how to get into jewellery making, where to give making a go and how to improve your skills.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF INNHOLDERS – Careers in Hospitality.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS – Management Consultancy: Solve Problems, Make the World Better, Travel, Make Money and Have Fun.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF PAVIORS – Building the Future.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF SALTERS Why Choose Chemistry and where can it take you? Inspiring and empowering students to look at chemistry with fresh eyes and why they should choose chemistry. We will be breaking down what it means to be a chemist and debunking chemistry career myths.
BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE BY TEACHERS/SCHOOL STAFF. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR FULL BOOKING POLICY.