This workshop will showcase the wide cross-section of industries, trades and professions represented by City Livery Companies, giving students unique insight into a broad range of career paths and job opportunities across many disciplines.
Particularly aimed at pupils in Years 8-10, classes will virtually visit three different Livery companies and have the opportunity to ask questions after a short presentation. After booking, classes will be asked their preference of Livery companies from the list below, and where possible will then be placed in breakout rooms in line with their preferences.
- HONOURABLE COMPANY OF AIR PILOTS – Flight
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF CHARTERED SURVEYORS – Pathways to Property Presentation
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF CLOCKMAKERS – Creating a Future in Time: Clockmakers work with timekeeping from watches through Large installations like turret/church clocks. Definitely a must for anyone who likes working with their hands and is of a mechanical turn of mind.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF CORDWAINERS – An introduction to the University of Northampton: An overview of Footwear, Fashion & Textiles at The University of Northampton.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF EDUCATORS – Get the Career Bug: Explore with the Educators a fun app which is completely free and helps you think about choices for your future.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF GARDENERS – Greta says: Do you want to be a GREEN influencer? Careers in Horticulture. + Competition to win £75* of plants.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF HORNERS – Plastics Need YOU to Save the Environment and our Health
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF JOINERS AND CEILERS – Making a Gazebo
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS – Management Consultancy: Solve Problems, Make the World Better, Travel, Make Money and Have Fun.
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF MARKETORS – Marketing: discover more about exciting and important professional marketing careers
- WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF PAVIORS – History of Process Engineering and its Possible Future
- CONSTRUCTION YOUTH TRUST – Apprenticeships in Construction. A 1 hour session covering the potential apprenticeship positions available in the many areas of construction.
BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE BY TEACHERS/SCHOOL STAFF. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR FULL BOOKING POLICY.